By Monika Fludernik
An creation to Narratology is an obtainable, functional advisor to narratological thought and terminology and its program to literature.
In this e-book, Monika Fludernik outlines:
- the key innovations of favor, metaphor and metonymy, and the heritage of narrative varieties
- narratological techniques to interpretation and the linguistic elements of texts, together with new cognitive advancements within the field
- how scholars can use narratological thought to paintings with texts, incorporating special useful examples
- a glossary of necessary narrative phrases, and recommendations for extra reading.
This textbook bargains a accomplished assessment of the most important points of narratology by way of a number one practitioner within the box. It demystifies the topic in a fashion that's obtainable to novices, but in addition displays fresh theoretical advancements and narratology’s expanding acceptance as a serious tool.
Read Online or Download An Introduction to Narratology PDF
Best media studies books
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2014 im Fachbereich Medien / Kommunikation - Massenmedien allgemein, observe: 1,30, Universität Regensburg (Institut für Politikwissenschaft), Veranstaltung: Einführung in den Vergleich westlicher Regierungssysteme (Grundkurs), Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Den deutschen Massenmedien kommt im Wahlkampf sowohl für die Parteien als Verbreitungsformat, als auch für die Wähler als Informationsquelle eine bedeutende Rolle zu.
Jennifer Berz explores the employment of social media instruments for model administration reasons in regards to serialised tv manufacturers. Drawing upon an in depth literature assessment of the examine fields of media model administration, tv branding, in addition to social media and suitable neighbouring fields of research, the writer develops a version that investigates relationships among social media, tv and model comparable constructs.
During this very important new ebook Rein Raud develops an unique thought of tradition understood as a free and internally contradictory approach of texts and practices which are shared by way of intermittent teams of individuals and utilized by them to make feel in their life-worlds. This idea perspectives tradition concurrently in methods: as an international of texts, tangible and shareable items of signifying acts, and as an area of practices, repeatable actions that produce, disseminate and interpret those clusters of which means.
Journalism and weather drawback: Public Engagement, Media possible choices acknowledges that weather switch is greater than an environmental concern. it's also a question of political and communicative means. This ebook enquires into which ways to journalism, as a very very important kind of public conversation, can most sensible permit humanity to productively handle weather difficulty.
- Food, Risk and Politics: Scare, Scandal and Crisis - Insights Into the RiskPolitics of Food Safety
- Life after New Media: Mediation as a Vital Process (MIT Press)
- Media as Politics in South Asia (Routledge Contemporary South Asia Series)
- Negotiating the Mediated City: Everyday Encounters with Public Screens (Comedia)
- Biographical Encyclopedia of American Radio
- Media Monsters: Militarism, Violence, and Cruelty in Children's Culture
Additional info for An Introduction to Narratology
An Introduction to Narratology by Monika Fludernik